Tuesday, June 17, 2008

2008 College World Series




I finally got to go to the College World Series in Omaha!! I have always wanted to go. Its only a couple hours away, why has it taken so long!! Well when Shannon went over to Iraq his Chief was from Omaha. He couldn't believe I have always wanted to go. He goes every year. So he said if I would come tailgate with him before the game he would hook me up with some tickets! So he convinced Shannon to take me to the World Series! He gave us tickets to the first game (Miami vs. Florida St.) and we purchased reserved tickets from a friend of Chief Epps for the second game (Georgia vs. Stanford). It is the best experience and I encourage everyone to go!!


Here are a couple pictures Shannon took with his cell phone! Every year there is a guy that tailgates. He lines up a flamingo for every team in the Series. After a team is eliminated he has a funeral for that teams flamingo! He gives a speech and then a black hood is put on the flamingo! It is a really big thing! The cops even come and block off the road so people can come and take part in the funeral. Pay their respects to the poor teams that have to go home. It was the funniest thing I have ever witnessed! So if you do go to a game and a team gets eliminated find the guy in the parking lot with the flamingos! Its a must see! Always 30 min. after a team gets eliminated. FUNNY!! Florida State got eliminated!

No comments: